I thought I'd try something a little bit fun today - please link up, I'd love to see what you're thinking too!!
So I was watching something, or reading something I can't actually remember, the other day and someone said something about their bucket list! Sorry - terrible sentence, I've been reading my kids writing samples, and while they apparently haven't learnt a thing from me this year by way of constructing a sentence, my reading of their terrible sentences has obviously affected my ability to write!
So any way, I personally think that bucket lists are in general a rather morbid thing. I mean, what happens if you don't put enough on your list, and then you finish it all and you're like 29 and oh well no point living any more?! (Y'all are probably getting used to my gross exaggerations by now right?)
BUT the year is going to end on December 31st, and we will have no choice but to deal with that fact (and party into the wee small hours?). SOOOO instead of waiting til then and checking out my new set of resolutions that ALWAYS involve something to do with healthier eating, and exercising more - I thought it would be more fun to have a "2013 Bucket List" linky party.
The idea is that you choose about 5 (really as many things as you want) things that you want to achieve before midnight on the 31st. Be outrageous! These aren't goals, like we set at the start of the school year, they are things that you might never achieve. The point isn't necessarily to achieve them, but more to set your sights higher, and then surprise yourself with what you have accomplished!!
Grab the graphic (which was boringly made from generic office2010 clipart) and link up below. And while you're at it, enter the competition and win yourself an early Christmas Present - some New Zealand picture books. There will be at least 2 names drawn in a few weeks time, so link up and get entering!
Here is my Bucket List - again sorry for the boring graphic!!
- I want to run in a race. Actually walking would be fine. I am booked in to do a quarter marathon in 2 and a bit weeks, but my knee is injured, so I'm not sure if I will be able to complete it... Watch this space.
- Bit strange - but I love swimming, the river is just a little bit cold until about February - I'm going to aim to swim in it in December - snow melt and all!
- Aim big or go home right?!
- I love making new friends, so this should be fun.
- To eat that is... I am far too fussy for my own good!! It's either fish, or mushrooms. And mushrooms are just a little bit too weird for me just yet!!