It was an award nomination! It seems that it is Liebster award time again - And I am so honoured to be nominated by them!!
Here's how it works (I just copied the rules straight from her post)
This award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It works like this - you start by being nominated by a fellow blogger who likes what you have been posting. Then you tell 11 random facts about yourself; answer the 11 questions they have left for you; then nominate 11 bloggers yourself and give them 11 questions to answer.
So here are my random facts
- My favourite colour is green
- I have 2 brothers, and 2 sisters
- I always had this dream when I was little that I had an older brother too. Not true.
- I can wiggle my ears
- I have learnt/can play the piano, ukulele, guitar, flute, recorder, bassoon (very badly), and I can sing
- I wrote a child's song about odd socks, which my class loved singing last year
- When I was teaching my class the odd socks song, I was wearing odd socks, which made them laugh
- I laugh uncontrollably several times a week, and love it when that happens
- I can't really move my eye brows - and it makes me sad that I can't raise one at a time to catch kids attention
- I would give just about anything to teach in America for a couple of years
- I think that the word spaghetti is weird
AND here are the questions I've been asked.
1 - Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to get my kids more excited about writing. And to give them an authentic writing experience. It expanded quickly from there and I love hearing what others have to say about the same issues I face each and every day.
2 - Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Where I live - No. But my parents look after my dog Ollie.
3 - What is your favourite thing about your job?
I love kids, and I love stationary. Being a teacher is the best of both those things.
4 - What is your favourite de-stressing activity?
I'm working on making it going for a run.
5 - How do you spend a typical day off from work?
I really don't have a typical day off routine, but it usually includes sleeping in, getting takeaways for dinner, and checking out the op-shops/$2 stores
6 - What is your Favourite City?
Within my own country - Taupo (not really a city, but close enough. Home is always my favourite)
Outside of New Zealand - a toss up between San Diego and San Francisco
7 - If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm going to go broad and say Mexican. I love nachos.
8 - If you had a time machine, what would be the first place and time you would visit?
I love the little house on the prairie books, and would love to meet Laura Ingalls Wilder.
9 - What movie would you like to see have a sequel or a remake?
I'm normally disappointed by remakes, but I would love to see some of the old school Disney movies given a revamp.
10 - If you could choose and book, TV show, or movie character as your new best friend, who would you choose?
No question, Anne Shirley (Blithe)
11 - What one song would you never want to hear again?
Oh my gosh there are so many songs that I can't stand. The one I never want to hear again is a bit controversial. The kids at my school NEVER sing the correct words to our National Anthem and it drives me CRAZY!!! More so because the teachers just can't be bothered teaching them the correct words. (most of our kids are ESOL, so I don't blame them). I NEVER want to hear my National Anthem butchered again.
Now to the fun part!! Here are the people I nominated. I nominated these blogs because I enjoy reading what they have to say, and I think you should read them too!
Kayla - at Rooting for Third Grade
Lindsey - at Journey of a Beginning Teacher
Lisa - at Grade 4 Buzz
Gary - at Scrappy Guy Designs
Sheila - at Sprinkle Teaching Magic
Kristin - at This Old Art Room
Mai - at Diary of a Grumpy Teacher
Meredith - at 1, 2, Eyes on You
Heather - at Learning with Mrs Langley
Monica - at Roland with iPads
Carla - at Surviving 6th Grade
My questions for you are as follows
- What is the one thing that makes you Awesome?
- Where have you travelled to?
- Where would you like to travel to?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- If money were no object, what would you do with your life?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- Are you still friends with anyone from when you started school?
- What is your favourite summer must do?
- Would you ever become a ninja?