I saw this really cool link up over at Teaching Trio and thought that since I'm supposed to be the techno guinea pig at my school I should probably share my latest love!
I am super lucky that in my class I not only have 4 PC's, an interactive whiteboard, access to 5+ipads, but also Apple TV. Seriously if you are ever given the choice between choosing an interactive whiteboard and apple tv, go the later, it's SOOOO much easier to use.
I don't want to rave on about Apple TV though, I want to share an app that I ABSOLUTELY love. As Farley always says, it's a puffy heart kinda love.
So the app I'm reviewing today is called "Explain Everything". The link is to the New Zealand apple store, but I'm pretty sure you can find it in the US apple store too. It's also available on Android. Yes it's a paid app, but I use it every day and find it was well worth the $3 ish I spent.
Ok so why do I love it?
- It's an interactive whiteboard in your hands. When you use it with Apple TV of course.
- Unlike other interactive whiteboard apps on the ipad, you don't have to sign up to anything to save/share your work.
- It saves what you're doing as you do it! Well it saves a back up copy at least.
- There is nothing I've not been able to do on it. Create videos, import a photo, move text, type. Anything I've needed to do I've been able to
- No annoying recalibration time wasters
- You can take it home and create videos for the next day - making your class more "flipped"
Seriously, I love it!
Check it out and let me know what you think!
Then head over to Teaching Trio to find some more awesome techie tips!