It has many different names - Hoopla, Indian Tag, and Chinese Wall are three names that I know it as.
It's SUPER fun, highly energetic, and quick too! I love it, because even my most reluctant runners join in, and LOVE it!!
You will need - a stop watch, you can also use chairs (optional)
Check out the video!
Please excuse the horrible placement of title text etc - this was my first time using iMovie! Hopefully you understand the game though.
- Split the students in two even teams
- The tagging team stands (or sits) in a line, alternating the way they face
- The running team goes one at a time, and tries to stay in the game as long as possible. They are allowed to run between the taggers
- The tagger chases the runner, but is not allowed between the wall. The tagger can change person at any time by tapping another tagger on the back and taking their place. The new tagger must run forward to continue the game.
- Once the runner is tagged, the next runner goes. Continue through the whole team. Then swap over.
- The winning team is the team with the longest time on the clock after both teams have run.